Additional resources and news on Mexcomm's services.
To accommodate our extensive list of services, the Mexcomm knowledge base provides additional, more in-depth information for our clients and partners.
Should you have any other queries regarding any of our products and services, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +603 2163 3228
Telcos Rules & Regulations
Guidelines On the Provision of Mobile Content And Service
- Through DiGi's Content Provider Access (CPA) concept, content providers are enabled to distribute mobile content to the DiGi subscriber base.
- One of the main benefits of the DiGi CPA concept is that the content providers can continuously develop new content and services, launch them, and market them - all without having to sign new agreements nor set up new commercial or technical arrangements with DiGi for each new service.
- The CPA terms and conditions are non-negotiable and are standardised for all content providers, as part of DiGi's effort to create a competitive content provider community in Malaysia.
General Regulations and Limitations
- Content must not display full or partial nudity i.e baring of breasts, genitals/public area and buttocks in cases of females, and genitals/public area and buttocks in cases of males. Using hands to cover these sensitive areas are also not acceptable.
- Grey areas depending on public pressure at the time, sexy bikinis, G-strings are not allowed.
- Models featured in swimsuits and lingerie are not allowed.
- SMS: Clear communication of pricing info, frequency of subscription renewal (weekly, monthly and bi-monthly), subscription service name, instruction on how to opt out from the subscription service and etc.
- Messages containing defamation/slanderous in nature to the Government or of Political nature, race, gender or religion are not allowed. Messages inciting riot are also not allowed.
Mobile Number Portability for the Consumer
- Mobile Number Portability (MNP) is the ability for users to switch to a new mobile service provider, while retaining their existing mobile number. The main benefit of MNP is freedom of choice and the competition that it generates. Now you are free to choose a new mobile service provider without having to change to a new number. This means you can avoid the inconvenience of having to notify friends and associates that you have changed your number.
Maxis Successfully Implements Anti-Spam Solutions
- SMS spamming refer to the activity of sending unsolicited commercial messages. The spam issue has been an annoyance to millions of mobile users globally over the few years. Leading mobile operators around the world have endeavoured to manage and contain the problem. Spam SMS became a concern in Malaysia over the last 12 to 18 months. Customers on all mobile networks have been affected by it and this is not only a problem faced by Maxis.
Review of the Guidelines on the Provision of Mobile Content and Services
- The objectives of the review of the guidelines on the Provision of Mobile Content and Services are to protect the consumer.